The technology of Besenzoni’s “LaPasserella” gangway uses a simple electrical system which, when applied to the product, is capable of “revolutionizing” the yachting world.
Besenzoni’s LaPasserella is a range that has been simplified by using some of their traditional features while at the same time having been enhanced with the addition of some new stylish features using environmentally-friendly technology.
“LaPasserella has achieved the ambitious objective of making the gangway easier to use and more environmentally-friendly while maintaining the operating standards required in a marine environment, and at the same time simplifying the production process (with fewer components needing to be produced and assembled) and making it easier to install on the yacht,” according to Giorgio Besenzoni, MD of the company: “There are many benefits for boatyards – installation is much faster, it saves space on board and is, therefore, more economical –, but it is also better for the final customer, as it will make sailing more enjoyable and less stressful since they won’t have all that bothersome oil in the bilge and it will be more environmentally-friendly because it will avoid even the slightest escape of oil into the sea.”
Operated via your 12V or 24V ship’s battery system, LAPasserella is available in three versions from 2 to 4.5 metres.
LaPasserella 4 key features
- The amount of energy used on board is reduced since the hydraulic power of the engine is not required and there are therefore far fewer cables.
- Energy is optimised, since the electronic control panel uses less current to operate the gangway, thereby avoiding excessive stress on the system or on the vessel.
- It can be operated with either a 12 Vdc or a 24 Vdc power supply.
- Having LaPasserella means that there is no hydraulic oil in the installation itself nor in the engine room. What’s more, there is less use of potentially polluting materials such as plastic or rubber pipes.
- It makes it possible to coat the platform with synthetic UV–stabilised PVC.
- It weighs less since there is no need for oil or a hydraulic control panel. On average it weighs 30 kg less than a traditional gangway. This also means there is more space in the engine room.
- This weight reduction leads to a number of “savings”: on the kilos on board, on the installation costs and on the maintenance costs.
- There is an automatic reduction in fuel consumption, thereby reducing the impact on the marine environment.
- LaPasserella has a more attractive, up-to-date design.
- What’s more, it’s available in a variety of different finishes and colours, and it can also be completely personalised to your specifications.
- This new range can be operated from your smartphone using the Besenzoni Control Device APP because it has the Bluetooth BUC module installed; but it can also be operated using the standard remote control provided.