Sunday may 29 the new single-handed Transat New York – Vendée will start.
Setting sail from the ‘Big Apple’, bound for what was the cradle of the IMOCA Class, the port of Les Sables d’Olonne, one could hardly ask for more in terms of symbolism.
On the one hand, New York, a cosmopolitan crossroads of influences, is a perfect illustration of the international aspirations of both IMOCA and Open Sports Management. On the other, France’s Vendée region, represents the heart of the IMOCA class, thanks to its legendary solo round the world race, in which some of the most extraordinary episodes on the high seas have occurred over the last twenty-five years.
The final opportunity to qualify for the Vendée Globe in race configuration, the New York – Vendée (Les Sables d’Olonne) promises to be a significant event in the IMOCA Ocean Masters Championship. Above all, the New York – Vendée (Les Sables d’Olonne) will be the final major confrontation in singlehanded configuration before to the ultimate event in the IMOCA Ocean Masters World Championship 2015- 2016.
Entries of Transat New York – Vendée
- Fabrice Amedeo (FRA) – Newrest Matmut
- Jérémie Beyou (FRA) – Maître CoQ
- Conrad Colman (NZ) – 100% Natural Energy
- Tanguy De Lamotte (FRA) – Initiatives-Cœur
- Jean-Pierre Dick (FRA) – St Michel-Virbac
- Yann Eliès (FRA) – Queguiner – Leucémie Espoir
- Pieter Heerema (NL) – No Way Back
- Morgan Lagravière (FRA) – Safran
- Armel Le Cléac’h (FRA) – Banque Populaire VIII
- Stéphane Le Diraison (FRA) – Energies Marines Renouvelables
- Paul Meilhat (FRA) – SMA
- Vincent Riou (FRA) – PRB
- Alex Thomson (GBR) – HUGO BOSS
- Ari Huusela (FIN) – Flying with Finnair
- Kojiro Shiraishi – Spirit Of Yukoh
- Jean-François Pellet – Come In Vendée
- Sébastien Josse – Edmond De Rothschild