Annapolis Performance Sailing expert will show you how to measure the length of sailboat halyards.
1. Tie on and hoist the end of a 100′ fiberglass measuring tape
2. Measure to the longest extended use point of the halyard
3. Measure down to the turning block of the mast
4. Measure from the turning block through your deck hardware including wraps around your winch.
5. Add the desired length of tail from the winch
6. Add all of these up and include one foot for the line running into the mast sheave aloft.