7 reasons why we love Bart’s Bash 2017
The biggest sailing event in the world
The fourth Bart’s Bash event is launched today with details of the worldwide event.
The Andrew Simpson Foundation, the UK-based Sailing Charity with a global reach, sits at the epicentre of the unique annual sailing event, the biggest sailing event in the world, Bart’s Bash, which this year takes place over the weekend of 16-17 September.
This is the fourth Bart’s Bash and the event management team is delighted to announce the launch of the 2017 SIGN-UP campaign marked by a Call to Action video created by their supporter Sunset+Vine.
7 reasons why we love Bart’s Bash event
1. A global sailing race taking place at 100s of venues, with 1000s of sailors in 100s of different classes of boat around the world
2. Open to all sailing clubs, yacht clubs, scout groups, sea cadets, windsurfing clubs, individuals and any venue globally that can host a race and is inspired to take part
3. Bart’s Bash gives the sailing community a united opportunity to remember Andrew ‘Bart’ Simpson, a double Olympic medallist who tragically lost his life whilst training for the America’s Cup in 2013.
4. The annual fundraising and participation campaign promoted by the Andrew Simpson Foundation (ASF)
5. Each individual event is organised by a venue which is the organising authority for all activities at their site.
6. The event was founded in 2014 and verified by Guinness World Records as ‘The Largest Sailing Race in the World’.
7. Sailing venues around the world engaged with the campaign by agreeing to organise a sailing event during the Bart’s Bash period (16th- 17th September 2017).